Skip to Main Content
By including library resources directly into your courses in the LMS, Brightspace, it will increase student usage of scholarly sources. The LibApps LTI makes embedding library content a simple process.
Available Content Types to Embed in Brightspace:
Guides & Guide Content
- Full LibGuide – entire guide loads in Brightspace frame
- Single Page – a single page of a guide of your choosing loads within the Brightspace content area
- Content Box – a single box from a guide displays in Brightspace content area
- All A-Z Databases – library’s A-Z databases page loads within Brightspace content area.
- Databases for Specific Subject + Subject Specialists – loads subject database page, including liaison librarian picture and contact information
- Databases for Specific Subject (list only) – loads list of databases related to the subject you choose
- Specific A-Z Database – provides a link to the database you choose
- New/Trial Databases – displays list of New/Trial databases
Using the LTI Integration in Brightspace
Benefits of Using LibApps LTi
- Curation of links and resources is managed by librarians
- Students can access quality sources within the Brightspace course
- Access to quality academic sources will improve student research
Online Learning Department
Creating Links to Articles and Database Content
You can add links to specific articles from the Library databases in your Brightspace course, so all your students can read the same resource. You can also provide links to videos from Swank, Kanopy, and Films On Demand. The key to creating this link is using the permanent link or permalink to the specific record and making sure the EZProxy prefix for the NCCC Library is appended to the front of the permalink.
If the proxy server prefix is not part of the permalink, add it. The prefix is: https://niagaracc.idm.oclc.org/login?url=
Niagara County Community College. Henrietta G. Lewis Library. 3111 Saunders Settlement Rd., Sanborn, NY 14132 | 716-614-6786