NoodleTools offers integrated tools for note-taking, outlining, citation, document archiving/annotation, and collaborative research and writing.
As a first time user of NoodleTools, you will need to register. Go to the NoodleTools site and then click on Register near the bottom of the screen (see above).
If you are creating your account from off-campus, choose "An account linked to a school/library" under Subscription Type then under Subscription Information add the following credentials:
On the registration page you will need to fill in ALL the fields including the Subscription Type (choose "an account linked to a school/library') and everything below the About You section (see below). Then click Register near the bottom of the screen.
Once you have registered, you will then use the Personal ID and Password you created to sign in and access your NoodleTools account!
1. Log in to NoodleTools. (See the Creating a NoodleTools Account box.)
2. Click on Create a New Project on the right side.
3. Choose your citation style: APA, Chicago, or MLA.
4. Choose Advanced under Citation Level.
5. Type in a name for your project in the Description box. Then click on Create Project.
6. Click on Works Cited or References in the Components section on the left.
7. Choose the type of citation (journal, book, etc.) you need to create from the dropdown menu. Then click on Create Citation.
8. Fill in the blanks with the information requested. If you have any errors, yellow warning signs will pop up. You can add an annotation if needed.
9. When the form is complete, click the Submit button at the bottom of the form.
10. Repeat this process until you have completed all of your citations.
11. You can print/export your list as a Word document to print, save, or email it.
Just need one or two quick citations? There's no need to subscribe--simply generate them, then copy and paste what you need into your document.
Note: Citations are not saved and cannot be exported to a word processor using this version of the tool.