Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sports Medicine & Physical Education Index
A comprehensive database of abstracts which feature a wide variety of content, ranging from physical education curricula, to sports medicine, to dance. Other coverage includes sport law, kinesiology, motor learning, recreation, standardized fitness tests, sports equipment, business and marketing, coaching and training, and sport sociology/psychology. Health education and physical therapy are also covered.
Health and Medicine
A resource for up-to-date information on the complete range of health care topics. With more than 2,500 embargo-free, full-text periodicals, reference books, pamphlets, and hundreds of videos demonstrating medical procedures and live surgeries, this database ensures researchers get current, scholarly, comprehensive answers to health-related questions.
Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Collection
Includes over 100 titles covering the fields of physical therapy and sports medicine. Covering a wide spectrum of information, researchers will have access to a diverse, but focused set of topics in the field, including proven treatment techniques, experimental research theses, and many more.
Includes peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources with extensive coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,300 full-text periodicals, including 4,400 peer-reviewed journals across all subject areas. Coverage is primarily from 1980 to the present, with some older content.
Off campus? Here's how to access library databases
1. Know your Twolves username/password
2. From the library homepage, select All Library Databases
3. Select the database you want to search
4. You will be prompted to enter your Twolves username/password before you can search
Questions? Call the Library's Reference desk at 614-6786 for assistance
Strengthening your search
Clicking the boxes to guarantee that your results are full-text and peer reviewed (scholarly) articles will result in finding the types of college level publications that your professors are looking for.
Using the dropdown arrows to the right of the search boxes will insure that your search terms appear in areas that make them stronger, like in a subject heading or abstract, rather than just a random spot in an article.
Performing an "Advanced Search", which allows you to enter a number of terms and use boolean logic to link them, will result in a smaller number of more precise articles that are spot on with the search terms you entered.
Choose a search scope in the dropdown menu or access advanced search through this link.
- Everything: Searches every type of material accessible through the Lewis Library, including print books, e-books, journals, newspapers, etc.
- Library Catalog: Searches physical items, such as print books, print journals, DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks immediately available through the Library
- Articles: Searches databases for digital materials such as academic journal articles, newspaper & magazine articles, reports, and reference entries. You can also search the databases directly to take advantage of additional search features
- Course Reserves: Searches textbooks and other materials reserved by instructors
Databases contain journal articles, ebooks, media, and news resources.
Enter title keywords to find a specific database. For example, Academic OneFile or JSTOR. Or browse them by subject here.
Enter a keyword to search for Library research guides for your class or topic. For example, ENG101 or Nursing.
Niagara County Community College. Henrietta G. Lewis Library. 3111 Saunders Settlement Rd., Sanborn, NY 14132 | 716-614-6786