Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Annotated Bibliography Assignment
Annotated bibliography cards are required to encourage use of professional journals to enhance personal and professional growth. One bibliography card is required for each rotation as directed by your instructor using APA format.
Basic Search in CINAHL
Here are some tips to help you find articles for your annotated bibliography assignment.
CINAHL Basic Searching Tutorial
Guidelines for Article Selection
- Article must be from a professional American nursing journal
- Article must be published within the last 4 years
- Article must be at least 2 pages in length
CINAHL Search Tips
Use the following list to help select limiters for searching CINAHL.
Under Limit Your Results :
- Full Text: retrieves the full text of the article (non-full text articles can be requested through ILL or might be available in print at the Library.)
- Date Range: article will be published within a specific date range.
- Peer-Reviewed: results will be from publications that use peer-review prior to publishing articles in the publication
- Research Article: helps limit results to research articles (still requires you to check that they are original research)
- Evidence-Based Practice: articles contain materials that use best practices in combination with field-critical research
- Any Author is a Nurse: this guarantees at least one author involved with the study is a nurse
- Journal Subset: By selecting the"Nursing" subset, articles will come from journals focused on nursing
- Geographic Subset: By selecting the "USA" subset, articles will be from journals published in the U.S.
Niagara County Community College. Henrietta G. Lewis Library. 3111 Saunders Settlement Rd., Sanborn, NY 14132 | 716-614-6786